[Equest-users] Fixed Window Louvers

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Thu Jun 10 08:46:13 PDT 2010

Seth,

You can use overhangs, accessible from the Fins - Overhang tab in the
window properties. You can only create one overhang per window. You can
also create as many building shades as you want (or have the patience
for). If you want to model multiple shades over a window, I find it
easier to create an overhang first, then add building shades (as in the
screen shot below). With building shades, you can adjust the solar
transmittance, allowing a portion of light to pass through.

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, EIT, BEMP, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers &
Architects LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608