[Equest-users] Importing a CAD file

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Jun 8 09:48:31 PDT 2010

Hi Christine,

First I saw your email earlier - just so you know, this program does
have a tricky/steep learning curve, but you're in the right place to ask
questions and find classes if you desire.

The DOE2 help files in eQuest are deceptively more helpful than they may
initially appear.  Tons of information in there, though it can be quirky
to navigate... remember you can right-click nearly any input field in
the wizards and particularly in detailed mode to pull up the help files
- when you're lucky it leads you straight to a pertinent entry.

Bookmark these mailing list archive links for your own eQuest
help/reference.  There's some good general beginner's advice to start
with therein, search for my name for a few lengthy posts:

-
http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/equest-users-onebuilding.org/
<http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/equest-users-onebuilding.org/>

-
http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/bldg-sim-onebuilding.org/
<http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/bldg-sim-onebuilding.org/>

If all else fails, here is a great place to ask a question... though
helpful responses may be delayed/erratic depending on who has time/drive
to help out - a lot falls on the questioner to craft and draft a clear
question.

To your current question:  In the wizards (before detailed mode) you can
define HVAC systems by backing out of the shell wizard window, and
looking to the right side of the main wizard window.  Once an HVAC
system is defined, you can jump back to the shell wizard and
re-define/re-assign zones to your new system(s) at the zone group
definition page.  HVAC systems are further defined in the detailed mode
to include items like ERV, various economizer functions and much more.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

25501 west valley parkway