[Equest-users] (no subject)

Keith Swartz kswartz at ecw.org
Fri Jul 30 15:29:11 PDT 2010

Yehuda,

If you are in the DD wizard, you can enter exterior lighting on Screen 23 of the building shell screens. The area for the watts per square foot is the interior building floor area, not any exterior surface area.

If you are in the Detailed Interface, click on "Utility & Economics" in the upper right. In the Component Tree list on the left side of the screen, select "Electric Meters." At the top of the screen, select the Display Mode to be "Electric Meter - Direct Loads - Exterior." Here you can enter the exterior lighting loads in kW (instead of W/sf like in the wizard).

________________________________
Keith Swartz, P.E., LEED AP

Energy Engineer / Senior Project Manager
Energy Center of Wisconsin
455 Science Drive, Suite 200, Madison, WI 53711
Phone: 608.238.8276 x123
Fax: 608.238.0523

The Buildings Team
Design decisions through energy, economics and emissions analysis.
www.ecw.org/Buildings<http://www.ecw.org/Buildings>

Energy Center University
Your gateway to sustainable design training and online education programs.
www.ecw.org/university/<http://www.ecw.org/university/>