[Equest-users] Interpretation of Appendix G3.1.2.2 for unmet hours

Dakota Kelley dakotak at teliospc.com
Tue Jul 13 12:14:07 PDT 2010

My experience has always been that the 50-hour difference is applied separately to heating and cooling hours, so the Difference column in the example below would be out of compliance.  The 300-hour limit is applied to each model, so the Difference row in the example would be in compliance.

To reduce Baseline unmet hours, I prefer to leave the cooling/heating coil factors as set by Appx G but gradually increase the minimum CFM/SQFT for the affected zones.  I agree that is theoretically possible to adjust sizing factors to eliminate unmet hours, but I argue against this approach in my long-winded discussion of this topic below:

http://lists.onebuilding.org/htdig.cgi/equest-users-onebuilding.org/2010-January/003024.html

(See sections 5.b.i and 5.b.ii)

I would apply this approach to your Baseline heating and Proposed cooling air flows to achieve compliance.

Thanks,

DAKOTA KELLEY

Project Designer | Energy Analyst

                              Office: 214.744.6199

                              Cell: 214.280.3825

                              Fax: 214.744.0770

http://www.teliospc.com <http://www.teliospc.com/>          3535 Travis St. Suite 115

dakotak at teliospc.com            Dallas, TX 75204

| MEP ENGINEERING · ENERGY MODELING · LEED CONSULTATION · COMMISSIONING |

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,

And may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you

are not the intended recipient, please email the sender immediately, and delete this email from all computers.  Any

distribution or other use is strictly prohibited.  Copyright © 2009 Telios Corporation.