[Equest-users] sensitivity analysis

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Jul 9 07:11:56 PDT 2010

Katie,

I'm with Pasha and not sure exactly what you're trying to do
("sensitivity analysis" sounds like a number of things to me), but since
you're getting started with the Parametric Run tool, maybe this has
eluded you:

If you create multiple parametric runs using the highlighted button in
the screengrab below, you then can define each of the runs within one
file (not saving multiple files).  Then, when you hit 'calculate' you'll
have the option to simulate all or any combination of these runs, along
with the "baseline" model.  Reports will be generated for each
simulation run which you can print out or click between to observe
changes in modeled behavior.

If the variables of your "sensitivity analysis" can be defined within
any one of these runs, it should be possible to do a number of iterative
runs altering those variables incrementally like you're getting at.

Sometimes we're tasked with largely different comparisons like two
entirely distinct systems - I find it's a time saver in those cases to
sometimes build two separate model files from the wizards-forward,
though I suppose conceptually you could do it all in one model and use
the parametric run tool to re-assign the systems associated with each
zone...

Does that help?

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.