[Equest-users] OA ratio stuck at 1

Dakota Kelley dakotak at teliospc.com
Fri Feb 26 19:33:48 PST 2010

Patrick,

The return fan for each system has only been half defined, so eQUEST is punishing you by running at 100% OA.  All systems have either 0.9 or 1.0 degree specified for the return fan temperature rise with no corresponding kW/CFM.  If you have return fans, enter the corresponding kW/CFM.  If not, “restore default” on the return fan rise.  Either one should put the needle back on the record.

On a related note, a temperature rise has been specified for the supply fans, too, but the corresponding power was left at the default.  This is not causing the OA problem since both power and rise have been provided, but it would be worthwhile to specify the supply power and let the rise default, or simply restore default on the supply rise, too.

Thanks,

                         DAKOTA KELLEY

                                Project Designer

                                Office:      214-744-6199

                                Cell:         214-280-3825

                                Fax:         214-744-0770

http://www.teliospc.com <http://www.teliospc.com/>           3535 Travis St. Suite 115

dakotak at teliospc.com <mailto:dakotak at teliospc.com>              Dallas, TX 75204

| MEP ENGINEERING · ENERGY MODELING · LEED CONSULTATION · COMMISSIONING |

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,

And may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you

are not the intended recipient, please email the sender immediately, and delete this email from all computers.  Any

distribution or other use is strictly prohibited.  Copyright © 2010 Telios Corporation.