[Equest-users] Ground source heat pump supplemented by boiler

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Fri Feb 26 09:19:36 PST 2010

Brandon,

Try this:
Create a hot water loop and assign your boiler(s) to it.
Select "Hot Water Loop" as a supplemental heat source (System -> Heating -> Supp Heat/Defrost
Set the MIN-HP-T to the temperature below which the heat pump turns off and MAX-HP-SUPP-T to the temperature below which the boiler is used.

You will need to select PVAVS, PVVT or PSZ as your system type instead of Water Loop HP to access these options.

Regards,
Bill