[Equest-users] Perimeter slab on grade

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Tue Feb 2 05:10:11 PST 2010

Mark,

eQUEST models two-dimensional slab-edge heat transfer effects with one
dimensional approximations. You select "earth contact" for Ground Floor
Exposure in the Wizard, and select your perimeter floor insulation, and
eQUEST creates custom construction layers, materials and constructions
for each of the floor surfaces, based on the slab perimeter length and
total floor area of each surface. That's why you end up with so many
constructions, layers and materials for floors (which show up in
detailed edit mode). You can modify the floor constructions in detailed
edit mode if you feel it's appropriate.

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, EIT, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114