[Equest-users] OUTSIDE-FAN-ELEC

eric wang shaojieworld2006 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 07:12:47 PST 2009

Hello All,

I am modeling a Heat pump system with an air cooled condenser. I have two questions about the outside fan power.
1.
The unit of OUTSIDE-FAN-ELEC is W/Btu. The outside fan mode is intermittent. If I know the cooIing capacity (Btuh not Btu), outside fan cfm and kw at full load, could anyone explain me how to calculate the outside fan electric?

2.
The minimum unload ratio and min hot gas bypass ratio are 0.15. When Cooling PLR is below than 0.15, how is the outside fan power calculated? I exported the hourly report and found it doesn't have the linear relationship with the compressor runtime.

Thanks a lot for your help

Shaojie