[Equest-users] Misc Equip End Use Category

Mathew Higgins Higgins at edi-arch.com
Fri Dec 18 09:38:02 PST 2009

One thing I typically find is that values were not updated between the
ASHRAE baseline and the proposed when something new is learned about the
project, but an INP review should have caught that. Do you use global
parameters for these W/sqft inputs? I also find that these are sometimes
off or overwritten and that the pink global values looks so much like
the red values that I miss a cell that's off when doing a side-by-side
comparison of the spreadsheet views of each model.

Lastly I would recommend copying all of the equipment schedules from
the proposed INP file and pasting them over the baseline INP schedules,
in case you accidentally modified something in there.

Good luck

Matthew Higgins, Associate
LEED AP + ASHRAE-HBDP

Environmental Dynamics, Inc.
Architecture and Sustainability Consulting Services
505.242.2851 x.103
web. edi-arch.com

Any data provided by the Consultant, verbal or written, are to be
considered opinions of building energy and/or daylight performance. The
Client understands that the Consultant has no control of occupant
habits, equipment or material performance or characteristics, site or
climate conditions or the Contractor's method of assembly, and that the
Consultant's opinions regarding building energy/daylight performance are
made on the basis of the Consultant's professional judgment and
experience. The Consultant makes no warranty, express or implied, that
the energy/daylight performance of the building will not vary from the
Consultant's opinion of building energy/daylight performance.

>>> Molly Curtz <molly.curtz at arup.com> 12/18/2009 9:32 AM >>>

Hi All,

I am trying to determine the cause of a discrepancy between “Misc Equip”
in a baseline and proposed model.

I’ve already done a text file comparison on the .INP files, but have
not yet identified the cause.

Could someone please list any other various energy uses that could be
included in this category (other than the equipment/plug loads)?

So far I’ve determined that process loads on the Chilled water loop are
reported under Misc. Equip. – any other ideas of items to look for?

Thanks very much for any suggestions.

Kind Regards,

Molly Curtz, P.E.
Mechanical Engineer