[Bldg-sim] Request of climate change data

Arfa Aijazi arfa at berkeley.edu
Fri Sep 17 10:56:16 PDT 2021

In my work I've come across the following sources of future weather data.
These sources vary in terms of cost, locations, and emissions scenarios
considered. I'd be interested in learning about additional sources bldg-sim
members have used.

   1.

   WeatherShift: https://www.weathershift.com/heat
   Free online interface to visualize temperature changes for many
   locations worldwide using emissions scenarios from IPCC AR5. EPW weather
   files for commercial use can be purchased through IEW.
   2.

   CCWorldWeatherGen:
   https://energy.soton.ac.uk/climate-change-world-weather-file-generator-for-world-wide-weather-data-ccworldweathergen/
   A free Microsoft Excel based tool to produce future EPW files for
   building performance simulation using emissions scenarios from IPCC AR4.
   3.

   Epwshiftr: https://ideaslab.io/project/epwshiftr/
   A free open-source R package to produce future EPW files for building
   performance simulation
   4.

   Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium:
   https://www.pacificclimate.org/data/weather-files
   Free future weather EPW files for British Columbia (Canada)
   5.

   Future CIBSE TRY/DSY Hourly Weather Data:
   https://www.cibse.org/weatherdatasets
   For purchase future hourly weather files for 14 sites in the United
   Kingdom based on UKCIP Climate Change scenarios
   6.

   Meteonorm: https://meteonorm.meteotest.ch/en/meteonorm-version-8
   Future weather data included as part of the license for Meteonorm v8
   7.

   PROMETHEUS:
   https://emps.exeter.ac.uk/engineering/research/cee/research/prometheus/downloads/
Free
   future weather projections for 45 UK locations, each for 3 time periods
   and 2 emissions scenarios, based on a stochastic weather generator.