[Bldg-sim] Fw: [Building Simulation Users Group] BSUG September 22nd - Designing for PoE Lighting and Automation

Agnes, Dylan (dagnes@uidaho.edu) dagnes at uidaho.edu
Thu Sep 9 14:04:10 PDT 2021

Hello Again,

I am back this time to let you know about our next BSUG! This next lecture, one I am personal excited about, will cover Power over Ethernet. Joe Herbst from Denton will be presenting 'Designing for PoE Lighting and Automation' on September 22nd. For more details and to register please see below. We hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

DYLAN AGNES, M.ARCH

Research Scientist I

University of Idaho – Integrated Design Lab

322 E. Front St. Boise, ID. 83702

dagnes at uidaho.edu – www.idlboise.com<http://www.idlboise.com/>

W - 208.364.4622

BSUG September 22nd - Designing for PoE Lighting and Automation

Upcoming BSUG
Designing for PoE Lighting and Automation
[http://www.idlboise.com/sites/default/files/pictures/BSUG/BSUG210922.png]

Target Audience:

Engineers, Architects, & Simulationists

Date and Time:

September 22nd, 2021 – Noon to 1:00 p.m. MT

Location:

Zoom Webinar

Registration:

WEBINAR Presentation Click Here<https://uidaho.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAtf-CorDMsG9AYB95n9j_zq-kzuXvFCRwq>

Power over Ethernet is transforming the world of building automation in a way that may not be obvious - but it will be how facilities and buildings are wired above the desktop in the future (we still need AC power - no one is refuting that) but IoT sensors, dashboards, lighting, access control, security are already supporting this open standard in a way to push interoperability across the supply chain and provide a seamless means toward the proverbial "single pane of glass" in a fraction of what it costs today.

Bio:
Joe Herbst
Joe Herbst has worked in several rapidly evolving markets over his 30-year career. Some of his more notable accomplishments include the creation of the world’s first power management chipsets for laptops, the design of semiconductors for Cisco, the growth of digital video technology into flat-screen televisions, and the development of a revolutionary lighting control platform. Joe has founded 4 startups with 3 successful exits. Joe holds 16 patents, has a BSEE from the University of Delaware, an MSEE from Purdue University and an MBA from Santa Clara University.

Building Simulation Users Group<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.idlboise.com/newsletter/building-simulation-users-group__;!!JYXjzlvb!yGiETlQG1yorVwWgn3I4okJ5zaYdnW7ZyFSiRKQAhhxf0koilk1UJXACkzTqmMo$>