[Bldg-sim] HELP WANTED: Building Performance Analyst / Engineer
ptruong2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 13:46:59 PST 2021
P2S Inc. is growing rapidly and we’re hiring across every position at all
of our offices. We’re seeking the brightest and most talented minds to be
part of a different kind of sustainable design, commissioning, and
construction management firm. If you’re passionate about sustainability and
have a desire to really make a difference then you’ll find your calling
P2S sets itself apart through receptive management, strong core values, and
a renowned dedication to people and community. We work tirelessly to
optimize efficiencies, save clients’ money, and help preserve the
environment. In addition to our people-driven company culture and research,
P2S offers competitive compensation packages with premium benefits such as
low cost medical, dental, vision plans; employer-paid group life insurance,
and a variety of supplemental plans!
*Building Performance Analyst / Engineer*
P2S’ newly formed Building Performance Studio is looking for an experienced
energy modeler to join our team. The ideal candidate is well-versed in
developing whole building energy models using
Honeybee/OpenStudio/EnergyPlus and IES-VE.
Our offices are currently mostly remote due to COVID-19. The ideal
candidate would be located near any of our offices (San Diego, Irvine, Long
Beach, Seattle); however, a permanently remote position may also be
considered for the right candidate.
- Develop whole building energy models for Net Zero, LEED, Title-24,
utility incentive programs, and performance improvements.
- Provide other building performance analysis services including
Daylight modeling, envelope and thermal comfort studies, and Life Cycle
- Provide building performance-related documentation for compliance with
green rating systems (LEED, WELL) and energy codes.
- Prepare reports and presentation materials to project teams and
- Participate in Research & Development efforts to improve in-house
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering, Building Science, Architecture
or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience developing whole building energy
models for LEED, Title 24, etc.
- Expertise in Rhino + Grasshopper + Honeybee and OpenStudio/EnergyPlus.
Knowledge of IES-VE preferred.
- Strong understanding of HVAC system design and operation and building
- Ability to debug models, apply sound engineering judgment, and QA/QC
model results with minimal supervision.
- Experience with daylight modeling.
- Experience scripting in Python or Excel a plus.
- Understanding of ASHRAE Standards 90.1, 55, 62.1. Experience with
California Title 24 Building Energy Code a plus.
- Proficiency in CAD/BIM software as necessary for building performance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- LEED Accredited Professional preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer a plus.
Please follow this link to apply:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bldg-sim