[Bldg-sim] IBPSA-USA March 2020 Newsletter

Steven Ayala sayala81 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 09:17:50 PDT 2020

View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/ibpsa.us/march-20-newsletter-317480137?e=[UNIQID]>
<http://ibpsa.us/>
 March 2020 Newsletter
Thank you to our sponsors for their continued support! Become an IBPSA-USA
sponsor. <https://www.ibpsa.us/become-sponsor>See all of our sponsors.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/our-sponsors>
Platinum
<http://energy.gov/>

 Gold
<http://www.sce.com/>
Silver
<https://www.designbuilder.co.uk/>   <http://www.atelierten.com/>

  <https://www.edsltas.com/>    <http://www.iesve.com/>

<https://www.trane.com/>   <https://www.group14eng.com/>
<https://www.sketchup.com/>
IBPSA-USA Message on COVID-19
Like you, IBPSA-USA takes the COVID-19 crisis very seriously, and we are
actively monitoring events while following guidance from CDC, the World
Health Organization, and local, state and federal officials. There is no
higher responsibility – personally or professionally – than protecting the
health, safety and welfare of each other and the communities we serve.
Crises such as these remind us what is truly most important in our lives:
family, friends, and community. As we navigate these days, weeks, and
months ahead, I want you to know this: We will get through this together.
Read more. <https://www.ibpsa.us/ibpsa-usa-message-covid-19>

IBPSA-USA News
<https://www.ashrae.org/conferences/topical-conferences/2020-building-performance-analysis-conference-simbuild>

*2020 BPAC & SimBuild: Call for Presentations & Revised Paper Deadlines
Extended*

Attending the ASHRAE & IBPSA-USA 2020 Building Performance Analysis
Conference & SimBuild? The call for presentations is now open until *April
6th*, and the deadline to submit revised papers is *March 27th*.

Submit on the Conference Website
<https://www.ashrae.org/conferences/topical-conferences/2020-building-performance-analysis-conference-simbuild>
.
<https://mailchi.mp/ibpsa.us/bpac-simbuild-call-presentations-ldsd-3171jdfy3>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/ask-modeler-what-biggest-misconception-designers-have-about-energy-modeling>
*Ask a Modeler: What is the Biggest Misconception Designers Have About
Energy Modeling?*

This month Sara Motamedi, Senior Building Performance Analyst at Interface
Engineering, replies to the query above from the community: *"Energy
modeling provides us an insight about the importance of design decisions on
total energy consumption. On one hand, I’ve seen architects who are eagerly
waiting for the energy modeling results..."*

Read More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/ask-modeler-what-biggest-misconception-designers-have-about-energy-modeling>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/san-francisco-bay-area-chapter-building-simulation-conference>
*San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Building Simulation Conference - Call for
Presentation Abstracts*

The SFBA Chapter of IBPSA-USA will host its first ever Building Simulation
Conference on July 9-10 at the Pacific Energy Center in San Francisco, CA.
The conference is currently seeking presenters and panelists on a variety
of building sim topics. *Abstract submission deadline is March 31st.*

Read More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/san-francisco-bay-area-chapter-building-simulation-conference>

<https://stok.com/2019-title-24-energy-code-update-what-project-teams-should-know/?utm_source=stok+Master+List&utm_campaign=b6a7352d84-+&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_142af17eb8-b6a7352d84-88870695>
*2019 Title 24 Energy Code Update: What Project Teams Should Know*

Check out this great blog post from the stok team, featuring a Q&A with
IBPSA-USA board member Rahul Athalye, Program Director of Codes & Standards
at NORESCO.

Read More.
<https://stok.com/2019-title-24-energy-code-update-what-project-teams-should-know/?utm_source=stok+Master+List&utm_campaign=b6a7352d84-+&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_142af17eb8-b6a7352d84-88870695>

See All News <http://www.ibpsa.us/news>
IBPSA-USA Job Board
Below are just a few of the jobs available now. Browse current open
listings on our job board, and sign-up to post your own:
*https://jobs.ibpsa.us/* <https://jobs.ibpsa.us/>

(Senior) Building Performance Analyst at Zero Envy
<https://jobs.ibpsa.us/job/senior-building-performance-analyst>

Part Time Building Energy Modeler/Programmer at GARD Analytics
<https://jobs.ibpsa.us/job/part-time-building-energy-modelerprogrammer>

Simulation and Tools Project Engineer at Transsolar KlimaEngineering in NYC
<https://jobs.ibpsa.us/job/simulation-and-tools-project-engineer>

Upcoming Trainings <http://ibpsa.us/trainings> & Events
<http://ibpsa.us/events>
<https://modelica.org/events/modelica2020Americas>
*March 23-25: American Modelica Conference 2020*

The Modelica Conference has been postponed to a later date still to be
determined later in *2020*.

Learn More. <https://modelica.org/events/modelica2020Americas>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/large-scale-data-bem-urban-scale-energy-modeling-single-family-homes>
*March 26: From Large-Scale Data to BEM - Urban-Scale Energy Modeling of
Single-Family Homes*

This webinar provides a tour through the most valuable public data sources
and an overview of features relevant to building professionals. We use
results from a field demonstration to illustrate how these techniques and
XeroHome’s simulation capabilities have been applied to evaluate
single-family homes.

Learn More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/large-scale-data-bem-urban-scale-energy-modeling-single-family-homes>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/virtual-ddx-hackathon-rescheduled-get-help-meeting-new-deadline>
*April 15: Virtual DDx Hackathon Rescheduled: Get Help Meeting the New
Deadline*

This is an online Zoom event - RSVP is required. DDX *Submissions have been
extended to April 23rd, 2020*. The goal of this event is to help you better
understand what data you need in order to report and how easy it can be to
complete the DDx submission. Come work with experts and others to learn
(“hack”) the process.

Learn More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/virtual-ddx-hackathon-rescheduled-get-help-meeting-new-deadline>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/2020-building-performance-analysis-conference-simbuild-co-organized-ashrae-and-ibpsa-usa>
*Aug. 12-14: 2020 Building Performance Analysis Conference & SimBuild*

ASHRAE and IBPSA-USA will jointly host the annual Building Performance
Analysis Conference & SimBuild for 2020 in Chicago. The focus of the
conference will be to improve the decision making process through the
application of simulation and modeling over the entire building life cycle

Learn More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/2020-building-performance-analysis-conference-simbuild-co-organized-ashrae-and-ibpsa-usa>
*Copyright © 2020 IBPSA-USA, All rights reserved.*

unsubscribe from this list
<https://ibpsa.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&id=0769126d70&e=[UNIQID]&c=567626851a>
    update subscription preferences
<https://ibpsa.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&id=0769126d70&e=[UNIQID]>