[Bldg-sim] IBPSA-USA January 2020 Newsletter

Steven Ayala sayala81 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 09:10:16 PST 2020

View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/ibpsa.us/january-20-newsletter-3174766?e=[UNIQID]>
<http://ibpsa.us/>
 January 2020 Newsletter
Thank you to our sponsors for their continued support! Become an IBPSA-USA
sponsor. <https://www.ibpsa.us/become-sponsor>See all of our sponsors.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/our-sponsors>
Platinum
<http://energy.gov/>

 Gold
<http://www.sce.com/>
Silver
<https://www.designbuilder.co.uk/>   <http://www.atelierten.com/>

  <https://www.edsltas.com/>    <http://www.iesve.com/>

<https://www.trane.com/>   <https://www.group14eng.com/>
<https://www.sketchup.com/>
IBPSA-USA News
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ibpsa-usa-semiannual-winter-meeting-tickets-82661939085>

*Tickets are Going Fast for Our Winter Meeting in Orlando!*

Join us at *Unique Touch Events Center
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Unique+Touch+Event+Center/@28.4172293,-81.421693,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x51db92c0f8a6d6bf!8m2!3d28.4172293!4d-81.421693>*
 for an evening of Cuban cuisine, socializing and general fun. This year we
pair the highest-rated, most authentic Cuban food truck in Orlando with an
open bar all night. *This will be THE event in Orlando you don’t want to
miss.*

Register Here Today
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ibpsa-usa-semiannual-winter-meeting-tickets-82661939085>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/congratulations-2019-ralph-t-muehleisen-scholarship-award-winners>
*Congratulations to the 2019 Ralph T. Muehleisen Scholarship Award Winners!*

*Yin Ling Ng* <https://www.linkedin.com/in/yinlingng/> and *Insung Kang*
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/insung-kang-65177a17a/> were announced as the
award recipients this month by the Chicago Chapter of IBPSA-USA Board. We
congratulate both of them as they continue to grow in the field of building
performance simulation and analysis.

Read More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/congratulations-2019-ralph-t-muehleisen-scholarship-award-winners>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/trace-3d-plus-webinar-next-generation-building-design-and-analysis-software>
------------------------------

*Sponsor Message - Last Chance to Signup for TRACE® 3D Plus Webinar on Jan.
23*

TRACE 3D Plus is a next generation building design & analysis software
program that delivers faster, more accurate results through a seamless
workflow that closely aligns with today's building process. *This 60 minute
webinar/demo will cover key new software features & benefits.*

Learn More & Register.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/trace-3d-plus-webinar-next-generation-building-design-and-analysis-software>
------------------------------
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/architecture-zero-2020-competition>
*Architecture at Zero 2020 Competition*

Architecture at Zero is a zero net energy design competition open to
students and professionals worldwide, engaging architecture, engineering
and planning students and professionals in the pursuit of energy efficient
design.

Read More. <https://www.ibpsa.us/news/architecture-zero-2020-competition>
See All News <http://www.ibpsa.us/news>
IBPSA-USA Job Board
Below are just a few of the jobs available now. View our full job board to
see more: https://jobs.ibpsa.us/

Building Performance Engineer (Software Support) at IES
<https://jobs.ibpsa.us/job/building-performance-engineer-software-support>

Energy Analyst at BuroHappold NY
<https://jobs.ibpsa.us/job/energy-analyst-burohappold-ny-0>

Sustainability Consultant at AECOM
<https://jobs.ibpsa.us/job/sustainability-consultant>

Upcoming Trainings <http://ibpsa.us/trainings> & Events
<http://ibpsa.us/events>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/calbem-webinar-capabilities-and-accuracy-advancing-simulation-capabilities-metrics>
*Jan. 21 & 27: CalBEM Action Plan Webinars*

Over 60 individuals from every corner of California’s BEM landscape
gathered in Nov. 2019 to create 3 Action Plans, each describing how we
might work together to continuously improve BEM in California. Join the
webinars below to share your input as we plan for a productive 2020. See a
recording of the 1st working group webinar on the *CalBEM website.
<https://calbem.ibpsa.us/>*

Jan. 21: Educating Users: Development of Key Resources and Guidelines
<https://www.ibpsa.us/calbem-webinar-educating-users-development-key-resources-and-guidelines>

Jan. 27: Capabilities and Accuracy: Advancing Simulation Capabilities &
Metrics
<https://www.ibpsa.us/calbem-webinar-capabilities-and-accuracy-advancing-simulation-capabilities-metrics>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/best-practices-reviewing-building-simulation-papers-research-committee-webinar>
*Jan. 22: Best Practices for Reviewing Building Simulation Papers -
Research Committee Webinar*

This presentation will cover best practices for reviewing conference and
journal papers. Using example feedback and discussion, its goal is to help
you to offer critical and constructive feedback when you are tasked to
review papers. This presentation is aimed primarily at reviewers for BPAC
2020

Learn More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/best-practices-reviewing-building-simulation-papers-research-committee-webinar>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/sfba-chapter-event-title-24-2019-and-beyond>
*Jan. 22: Title 24 2019 and Beyond - SFBA Chapter Event*

Join the SFBA Chapter for two presentations on Title 24 2019 and beyond:
What’s new for non-residential buildings and how do we get to
decarbonization and electrification of buildings? Featuring *Rahul Athalye*
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/rahul-athalye-6a305aa4> from NORESCO and *Stefan
Gracik* <https://www.linkedin.com/in/stefan-gracik-15996558> from Alter
Consulting Engineers.

Learn More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/sfba-chapter-event-title-24-2019-and-beyond>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/research-committee-webinar-modeling-occupants-better-buildings>
*Jan. 23: Research Committee Webinar - Modeling Occupants for Better
Buildings*

This webinar, featuring *Liam O'Brian*
<https://ca.linkedin.com/in/liam-william-o-brien-aaa23928> Ph.D., P.Eng.,
will provide an overview of the fundamentals, challenges, possible
solutions, and future research needs of occupant modeling to support
building design and operation.

Learn More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/research-committee-webinar-modeling-occupants-better-buildings>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/ibpsa-usa-wisconsin-chapter-ashrae-madison-yea-event-brewery-science-simulation>
*Feb. 21: Brewery Science & Simulation - Wisconsin Chapter & ASHRAE Madison
YEA Event*

Please join the Wisconsin Chapter and Madison Young Engineers in ASHRAE
(YEA) for a night of networking, tasting, and science enlightenment at
Delta Beer Lab. There will be a presentation by Wisconsin Chapter Member,
David Bradley, on a brewery simulation project that he championed.

Learn More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/ibpsa-usa-wisconsin-chapter-ashrae-madison-yea-event-brewery-science-simulation>
*Copyright © 2020 IBPSA-USA, All rights reserved.*

unsubscribe from this list
<https://ibpsa.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&id=0769126d70&e=[UNIQID]&c=3c89c4d7b1>
    update subscription preferences
<https://ibpsa.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&id=0769126d70&e=[UNIQID]>