[Bldg-sim] NERC Scenario PhD studentship in urban/building physics at the University of Reading, UK

Zhiwen Luo z.luo at reading.ac.uk
Tue Jan 7 10:09:28 PST 2020

Dear Colleagues

I am currently advertising a PhD studentship in urban-building physics modeling co-supervised with Prof Sue Grimmond at the University of Reading, UK.

We are looking for an excellent candidate with strong background on urban/building physics to apply for the 2020 Sept entry. Good programming skills using MATLAB, Python, Fortran or other languages are desirable.

Details of the project could be found here
https://research.reading.ac.uk/scenario/wp-content/uploads/sites/121/2019/11/SC2020_16_LUO_advert.pdf

This PhD studentship is fully funded by NERC Scenario Doctor training program. Our studentships cover both fees and stipend – a tax-free maintenance grant which was £15,007 per year in 2019-20.

Application deadline: 24 January 2020

Main Interview Date: 12 February 2020

Eligibility:
In most cases UK and EU nationals who have been ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of the course are eligible for a full-award. Other EU nationals may qualify for a fees only award, or a full award if they are migrant workers in the UK.

How to apply:
https://research.reading.ac.uk/scenario/apply/

Any question/inquiry please direct to me (Dr Zhiwen Luo:  z.luo at readig.ac.uk)

Thanks

Kind Regards
Vincent
Dr Zhiwen(Vincent) Luo
Associate Professor
School Director of Acedemic Tutoring
School International Lead
School of the Built Environment
Architecture | Construction | Energy | Environmental Engineering
The University of Reading, Whiteknights
Reading, RG6 6AW,   UK
144 Chancellor’s Building
Tel:+ 44(0)1183785219