[Bldg-sim] Evaluating Metrics for Natural Ventilation Potential: Request to Participate in an Online Survey

J. Alstan Jakubiec alstan at jakubiec.net
Fri Dec 18 12:57:26 PST 2020

Dear friends and colleagues,

There are a huge number of metrics to evaluate naturally ventilated
buildings—we identified over 40(!) during a recent literature review. To
this end, we are conducting a survey about the way naturally ventilated
building designs are evaluated using simulation-based performance
metrics. We would greatly appreciate if you could spare less than 10
minutes of your time to participate at the link below.

A Survey on the Utility of Natural Ventilation Performance Metrics
<http://www.jakubiec.net/survey/>

You may ask, what does this have to do with thermal modelling? Many of
the measures in the survey are assessed using EnergyPlus's transient
airflow network model. Other measures are based on CFD calculations. You
can find comprehensive details about our calculation methods here
<http://jakubiec.net/survey/methods/>.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Best wishes,
Alstan and Sarah

--
J. Alstan Jakubiec
Mobile: +1 416-666‑0951

Assistant Professor
University of Toronto
Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Design /
The School of the Environment

DCC Lab <http://individual.utoronto.ca/c38c> | Solemma <http://solemma.com>