[Bldg-sim] Twenty years of building simulation trends: Text mining and topic modeling of the BLDG-SIM email list archive

Clayton Miller miller.clayton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 17:42:49 PST 2019

Hey BLDG-SIM friends!

To celebrate 20 years of bldg-sim email list, Jason Glazer, Matias Quintana and I thought it would be fun to do some text mining of the BLDG-SIM public email archive! We’ve submitted a full paper to the BS2019 IBPSA conference in Rome — email me if you’re interested in getting a sneak preview of the paper :).  And check out more building data science stuff at: http://www.budslab.org/ <http://www.budslab.org/>

Thanks again to Jason for his unwavering maintenance of the list over the years!

Here are some highlights (3 out of 12 trend graphics) - simulation engine occurrences have morphed over time:

Questions about making baselines had its heyday, but have tapered off over the years:

Mentions of IBPSA have become dominant in recent years:

And of course, the rock star posters of the list:

Dr. Clayton Miller :: Assistant Professor :: Department of Building :: School of Design and Environment :: National University of Singapore :: +65 8160 2452 <tel:+65%208160%202452>