[Bldg-sim] Simulation or historic weather files for Northern Pakistan

Arfa Aijazi arfa at berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 1 11:35:53 PST 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a project to design affordable housing and temporary
shelters for refugees and disaster recovery in Pakistan. One of our target
areas is the remote northern areas of the country, called Hunza Valley.
Some larger cities here include Gilgit and Skardu. The nearest weather
files available from EnergyPlus are 200-300 miles away. The Hunza Valley
region is mountainous, so given the influence of altitude and microclimate
effects I'd like to at least find historical weather data  to validate
simulation weather file selection.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on where I can get weather data. It's
a student project, so we don't have budget to purchase weather files from a
commercial service.

Best,
Arfa

*Arfa Aijazi*
PhD Student, Building Science and Sustainability
Center for the Built Environment <http://cbe.berkeley.edu/> | Architecture
<https://ced.berkeley.edu/academics/architecture/> | UC Berkeley
<http://www.berkeley.edu/>
(m) 703-508-6535 | (e) arfa at berkeley.edu