[Bldg-sim] IBPSA-USA July 2019 Newsletter

Steven Ayala sayala81 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 08:21:38 PDT 2019

View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/ibpsa.us/july-19-newsletter-31746622?e=[UNIQID]>
<http://ibpsa.us/>
 July 2019 Newsletter

<http://www.ibpsa.us/our-sponsors>

Thank you to our sponsors for their continued support! Become an IBPSA-USA
sponsor. <https://www.ibpsa.us/become-sponsor>

See all of our sponsors <https://www.ibpsa.us/our-sponsors>
IBPSA-USA News
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/project-stasio-competition-deadline-extended>
*Project StaSIO Competition Deadline Extended!*

The Project StaSIO competition deadline has been extended to *July 31st
2019*! There's still time to participate if you haven't submitted your
entry.

Read More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/project-stasio-competition-deadline-extended>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/announcing-our-building-simulation-2019-scholarship-winners>
*Announcing Our Building Simulation 2019 Scholarship Winners*

Five winners were selected -- out of a field of over 25 applicants -- to
receive $2,000 in scholarship funds to attend Building Simulation 2019 in
Rome <http://buildingsimulation2019.org/>. Funding was provided by the U.S.
Department of Energy.

Read More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/announcing-our-building-simulation-2019-scholarship-winners>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/wisconsin-chapter-update-june-2019-speaker-event-net-zero-buildings>
*Net Zero Buildings - Wisconsin Chapter Recap of June 2019 Speaker Event*

On June 6th, on a beautiful summer day in downtown Madison, the Wisconsin
Chapter hosted their second speaker event at the Strang office in the newly
erected Gebhart Building. Learn more and see photos!

Read More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/wisconsin-chapter-update-june-2019-speaker-event-net-zero-buildings>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/ask-modeler-how-can-i-talk-clients-about-uncertainty-models>
*Ask a Modeler: How Can I Talk to Clients About the Uncertainty in Models?*

This month, Michael Sweeney <https://www.linkedin.com/in/msweeney01> from
AKF Engineers replies to the user-submitted query above: "*My first
instinct is to recommend that you bang loudly on your client’s desk while
shouting the aphorism (generally attributed to the statistician George
Box), ‘ALL MODELS ARE WRONG BUT SOME ARE USEFUL!!!!!*"

Read More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/ask-modeler-how-can-i-talk-clients-about-uncertainty-models>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/new-software-release-ies-ltd-iesve-2019-available-download-now>
------------------------------
*Sponsor Message - **New Software Release from IES Ltd.: IESVE 2019 is
available for download NOW! *

*IESVE 2019* is available for download now and details of new features are
on the IES 2019 website <https://www.iesve.com/VE2019>. Features include
new wizard-based workflows, new energy model reports
<http://www.iesve.com/discoveries/article/7725/ten-key-building-energy-metrics>,
newdaylight metrics
<http://www.iesve.com/discoveries/article/7726/ten-key-daylight-and-electric-metrics>,
automated AIA 2030 <http://www.iesve.com/aia-2030-ddx> reporting and a new
certified <http://www.iesve.com/software/florida-building-code-compliance>
compliance
tool for the State of Florida.

Read More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/new-software-release-ies-ltd-iesve-2019-available-download-now>
------------------------------
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/integrated-project-delivery-dead-or-just-reborn>
*Is Integrated Project Delivery Dead... or Just Reborn?*

Check out our fourth guest article from Daniel Overbey, AIA, NCARB, LEED
Fellow (LEED AP BD+C, ID+C, O+M), WELL AP. Daniel is an Assistant Professor
of Architecture at Ball State University and the Director of Sustainability
at Browning Day Mullins Dierdorf in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Read More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/integrated-project-delivery-dead-or-just-reborn>
All News <http://ibpsa.us/news>
IBPSA-USA Education On Demand
 New Videos Added <https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/all>*Now Available: *

Three part *Controls* series from Building Simulation 2017:

<https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/all>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/all>

Controls 01: Predictive Control
<https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/listing/controls-01-predictive-control>

Controls 02: Automation
<https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/listing/controls-02-automation>

Controls 03: Monitoring
<https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/listing/controls-03-monitoring>
All Videos <https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/all>
IBPSA-USA Job Board
Below are just a few of the jobs available now. Browse current open
listings on our new job board, and sign-up to post your own:
*https://jobs.ibpsa.us/* <https://jobs.ibpsa.us/>

Senior Engineer/Analyst at NORESCO in San Francisco
<https://jobs.ibpsa.us/job/senior-engineeranalyst>

Senior Energy Modeler at Big Ladder Software in Denver
<https://jobs.ibpsa.us/job/senior-energy-modeler>

Sustainability Engineer at Beyond Efficiency in Berkeley, CA
<https://jobs.ibpsa.us/job/sustainability-engineer>

Upcoming Trainings <http://ibpsa.us/trainings> & Events
<http://ibpsa.us/events>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/sfba-chapter-july-event-helping-data-centers-pursue-leed-v4-certification>
*July 23: Helping Data Centers Pursue LEED v4 Certification - SF Bay Area
Chapter*

Join online or in-person for two presentations: "LEED v4 requirements for
modeling Data centers" featuring Raghu Sunnam & Katie Bachman from stok;
and "Challenges in modeling data centers for LEED v4" featuring Aryn
Bergman from Northshore.

Learn More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/sfba-chapter-july-event-helping-data-centers-pursue-leed-v4-certification>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/national-capital-chapter-ibpsa-usa-summer-meetup>

*July 24: National Capital Chapter of IBPSA-USA Summer Meetup*

After 4 years without formal meetings, please join us for the revival of
the National Capital Chapter on July 24th for a member meetup!

Learn More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/national-capital-chapter-ibpsa-usa-summer-meetup>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/performance-huddle-2019>
*Sept. 20: Houston Chapter Performance Huddle 2019*

*Early-bird tickets available! *Performance Huddle is an annual full-day
symposium relating to building performance simulation. The event is geared
towards students, practicing architects or engineers and experts in the
field. Learn more and register!

Learn More. <https://www.ibpsa.us/performance-huddle-2019>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/crafting-your-story-building-performance-simulation-data>

*Sept. 24: Crafting Your Story with Building Performance Simulation Data*

Mark your calendars! This is a pre-conference course for the 2019 ASHRAE
BPAC, held Sept. 25-27, 2019 in Denver. You can register for this
pre-conference workshop through online registration once it has launched.

Learn More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/crafting-your-story-building-performance-simulation-data>
*Copyright © 2019 IBPSA-USA, All rights reserved.*

unsubscribe from this list
<https://ibpsa.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&id=0769126d70&e=[UNIQID]&c=0cc1609194>
    update subscription preferences
<https://ibpsa.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&id=0769126d70&e=[UNIQID]>