[Bldg-sim] TRAINING - CBECC-Res and EnergyPlus Workshops in San Francisco (March 25-29)

Aaron Boranian aaron.boranian at bigladdersoftware.com
Tue Jan 8 09:23:49 PST 2019

Big Ladder Software is pleased to announce that we are leading a workshop
series in *San Francisco* in *March! *This workshop series will offer
training opportunities for CBECC-Res and EnergyPlus at the *PG&E Pacific
Energy Center.*

*CBECC-Res*: Under the Hood
<https://bigladdersoftware.com/training/index.html#cbecc-res> *(March
25-26)*
*EnergyPlus* for Practitioners
<http://bigladdersoftware.com/training/index.html#energyplus-for-practitioners>
 *(March 27-28)*
*EnergyPlus*
<https://bigladdersoftware.com/training/index.html#energyplus-ems-controls> EMS
Controls
<https://bigladdersoftware.com/training/index.html#energyplus-ems-controls>
*(March 29)*

*Register now for San Francisco
<https://cbecc-res-energyplus-san-francisco-03-2019.eventbrite.com/>https://cbecc-res-energyplus-san-francisco-03-2019.eventbrite.com/
<https://cbecc-res-energyplus-san-francisco-03-2019.eventbrite.com/>*

*See our upcoming workshops in Vancouver
<http://bigladdersoftware.com/training/>*

*http://bigladdersoftware.com/training/
<http://bigladdersoftware.com/training/>*

*CBECC-Res: Under the HoodWorkshop DescriptionIn this two-day workshop we
focus on the needs of the energy modeler analyzing residential building
code compliance in California using CBECC-Res. We cover the fundamentals of
the California Simulation Engine (CSE), the underlying simulation engine
for CBECC-Res. Workshop topics begin with basics on how to adjust
simulation settings and schedules and eventually include more detailed
descriptions of HVAC systems, controls, photovoltaics, and domestic hot
water systems. We guide you through the complexities of the CSE syntax,
input/output files, and documentation, as well as how inputs in CBECC-Res
are translated to CSE input file components. Most importantly, we teach you
how to use the available resources to teach yourself going forward.
Demonstrations and hands-on exercises are used extensively throughout. By
the end of the workshop, you should be comfortable with creating, running,
and debugging CSE models in the context of CBECC-Res.This workshop
is NOT an introduction to CBECC-Res. It is expected (but not required) that
attendees have past CBECC-Res experience.This workshop will focus on
in-depth applications of using CBECC-Res and CSE beyond compliance
analysis. This workshop should be a prerequisite for anyone planning to
evaluate emerging technologies for future versions of California’s Title 24
energy code.EnergyPlus for PractitionersWorkshop Description- Have you ever
wanted to truly understand how to use EnergyPlus at the text level?- Have
you been using OpenStudio, DesignBuilder, or another GUI and had the need
to peek under the hood to debug a problem or implement a measure or
workaround?This workshop should be a prerequisite for anyone planning to
work with EnergyPlus regardless of what user interface you choose.In
this two-day workshop we focus on the needs of the energy
modeling practitioner in order to get you up to speed and highly productive
with EnergyPlus as quickly as possible. We cover the fundamentals
of EnergyPlus such as geometry and internal loads while rapidly ramping up
to advanced topics such as HVAC systems and controls. We guide you through
the complexities of the EnergyPlus syntax, input/output files,
documentation, and essential software tools including
the OpenStudio (legacy) plugin for SketchUp. Most importantly, we teach you
how to use the available resources to teach yourself going forward.
Demonstrations and hands-on exercises are used extensively throughout. By
the end of the workshop, you should be comfortable with creating, running,
and debugging EnergyPlus models.EnergyPlus EMS ControlsWorkshop
DescriptionThis one-day workshop covers the Energy Management System (EMS)
capability of EnergyPlus, which allows implementation of
custom control strategies and calculation routines that override standard
modeling processes within EnergyPlus. We cover the EnergyPlus Runtime
Language (Erl) that is used to describe the custom control programs, how to
create EMS components (sensors, actuators, output variables, etc.), and how
to debug execution of EMS programs. Lecture topics include how to create
advanced HVAC control sequences, how to override default HVAC operation
(flow rate, setpoint temperature, capacity, etc.), how to abort a
simulation when operational faults occur, and how to use outputs to
generate trend data. Demonstrations and hands-on exercises are used
extensively throughout.Previous experience with EnergyPlus is recommended
but not required. Regards, *
--
Aaron Boranian
808 895-1741