[Bldg-sim] Updated matrix of simulation tool timings

Justin Spencer jspencer17 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 11:00:04 PDT 2019

Thanks for sharing this, Jon. I'm curious if you observed any differences
in results with the different hardware you tried. This is not my area of
expertise, exactly, but I'm curious.

Years ago, when I was in graduate school, I observed getting significantly
different results with the same model and same software version running
EnergyPlus on my personal computer vs the computers at my office and we
pinned the cause down to the way some of the fundamental calculation
engines worked deep in the hardware (one had an AMD processor vs the other
with Intel). It was a bigger deal when EnergyPlus had a harder time solving
the plant loop.

It would make me happy to hear you say there was nothing of the sort
observed.