[Bldg-sim] **LAST CALL** TRAINING - EnergyPlus (September 24-25) in Chicago

Aaron Boranian aaron.boranian at bigladdersoftware.com
Tue Sep 18 08:44:21 PDT 2018

*LAST CALL !!! *This workshop begins *NEXT WEEK !*

Big Ladder Software would like to remind everyone that we are leading our
*EnergyPlus* for Practitioners
<http://bigladdersoftware.com/training/index.html#energyplus-for-practitioners>
 workshop in *Chicago**!* This workshop will be held on *September 24 - 25* in
conjunction with the* SimBuild / Building Performance Analysis Conference*.

*Register now for Chicago*
<https://www.ashrae.org/conferences/topical-conferences/2018-building-performance-analysis-conference-and-simbuild>

https://www.ashrae.org/conferences/topical-conferences/2018-building-
performance-analysis-conference-and-simbuild

If you would like to only register for our workshop as a stand-alone event
and not attend the conference, follow these instructions
<https://bigladdersoftware.com/training/pre-conference-registration.html>.

EnergyPlus for Practitioners

*Workshop Description*

- Have you ever wanted to truly understand how to use *EnergyPlus* at the
text level?
- Have you been using *OpenStudio*, *DesignBuilder*, or another GUI and had
the need to peek under the hood to debug a problem or implement a measure
or workaround?

*This workshop should be a prerequisite for anyone planning to work
with EnergyPlus regardless of what user interface you choose.*

In this two-day workshop we focus on the needs of the energy modeling
practitioner in order to get you up to speed and highly productive with
*EnergyPlus* as quickly as possible. We cover the fundamentals of
*EnergyPlus* such as geometry and internal loads while rapidly ramping up
to advanced topics such as HVAC systems and controls. We guide you through
the complexities of the *EnergyPlus* syntax, input/output files,
documentation, and essential software tools including the *OpenStudio* (legacy)
plugin for *SketchUp*. Most importantly, we teach you how to use the
available resources to teach yourself going forward. Demonstrations and
hands-on exercises are used extensively throughout. By the end of the
workshop, you should be comfortable with creating, running, and debugging
*EnergyPlus* models.

Regards,
--
Aaron Boranian