[Bldg-sim] WE ARE HIRING - Energy Modeler

Josh Howes josh at bluergy.com
Mon Nov 19 07:47:22 PST 2018

Energy Modeler
Blue Energy Group <https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Blue-Energy-Group/Jobs>  Louisville, KY, USA <http://maps.google.com/?q=Louisville%2C%20KY%2C%20USA&z=9>
Why Work Here?
“Unlimited time off, flexible hours, performance bonuses, and fun office environment!”
Looking for a change of pace? One thing is sure, we set a different pace! We are currently seeking an experienced Energy Modeler to join our growing company. The applicant we seek to add to our organization is a detail-oriented self-disciplined professional. Tasks will include developing commercial building energy models using eQuest and other modeling software such as EnergyPlus and Trane Trace. The applicant must have a demonstrated ability in being a technically minded problem-solver. Focus on the task at hand, follow-through on the prescribed plan, and the ability to be flexible and think under pressure are all key to this role. We are seeking highly motivated individuals who have a strong desire to learn and a team player attitude. The ideal candidate has energy modeling experience, a willingness to learn, and a professional work ethic. Previous experience with AutoCAD is preferred.

Energy Modeler Duties and Responsibilities

Develop building energy models for a variety of purposes (tax incentives, LEED, life-cycle costs, energy performance)
Exercise creative thinking to devise new systems and innovative ways to work
Understand mechanical/electrical concepts and processes easily
Work well with a team to develop systems for fixing problems or create solutions to get the job done
Manage time, supplies, personnel, and budget
Energy Modeler Requirements and Qualifications

Experience using building energy modeling software (eQuest, Trane Trace, etc)
Experience using Microsoft Office tool suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
Experience with AutoCAD
Communication skills; must be able to communicate with our clients
Problem-solving skills, especially the ability to identify the source of the problem and create and test solutions
Please apply online at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/f5aca21e
 <https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Blue-Energy-Group/Jobs>
About Blue Energy Group:

Blue Energy Group is a MEP engineering firm that works with clients across the United States to facilitate the design of new commercial buildings and energy retrofits as well as help them take advantage of the 179D tax deductions granted to building owners and designers of energy efficient systems. Our clients include architects, engineers, energy service companies (ESCOs), accounting firms, and building owners. In addition to 179D certifications, our services also include MEP design, energy audits, energy modeling, and utility bill and rate analysis.
Company website: http://www.bluergy.com <http://www.bluergy.com/>

Please apply online at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/f5aca21e