[Bldg-sim] Building calibration with EnergyPlus

Julien Marrec julien.marrec at gmail.com
Tue May 22 07:35:57 PDT 2018

Hello,

Third party programs such as GenOpt will allow you to do that pretty
easily. You'll likely have to write and call a custom script in a
programming language such as Python to compute and report the CV(RMSE).
That's from memory at least, last time I used it I think found a sample
script to compute CV(RMSE) for electricity-only calibration while my model
had both Electricity and Gas a fuel.

The GenOpt project page is here: https://simulationresearch.lbl.gov/GO/

There are also GUIs out there that would help you in setting up successful
GenOpt configuration files, such as ExcalibBEM from SIMEB:
https://www.simeb.ca/ExCalibBEM/index_en.php, or in French:
https://www.simeb.ca/ExCalibBEM/index_fr.php. It'll also plot the results
of each iteration in real time once you run which would help you track the
simulation status and its convergence.

Hope this helps,

Best,
Julien