[Bldg-sim] Refrigerated warehouse in eQuest

Rut W sustainable8760 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 10:46:29 PDT 2018

 Dear bldg-sim community,

We're working on a large refrigerated warehouse project that utilized a
chilled glycol loop for the cooler, in addition to the standard RTU
refrigeration/freezer units.

We've been going over the technical guidance/library for DOE-2.2r for
eQuest Refrigeration, as well as reviewing the eQuest example file for
warehouse.  But I'm at my wit's end at how to attach the refrigeration-HX
chiller to a refrigeration system.  My understanding is that the
Circulation Loop; Type = "REFG-CHW" will act as the glycol loop.  And I
think I can tie this loop to a SZRH system using default cooling coil on
the air-side.  But there's still the ambiguity on how the chiller type =
REFG-HX receives its cooling needs, i.e. how to you provide the actual
cooling to this chiller/HX?

The help library references CHW-PLANT keyword (where the connection might
happen?), but it is unclear where, or how, to create that component (under
what equipment/section).

Does anyone have an example input to create a refrigerated chilled water
plant for warehouse; tying the refrigeration system to the refrigeration-HX
chiller?

Any advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rut W