[Bldg-sim] Refrigerated warehouse in eQuest

Rut Wattanasak rut.wattanasak at gmail.com
Mon May 7 11:30:41 PDT 2018

 We're working on a large refrigerated warehouse project that utilized
chilled glycol loop, in addition to the standard RTU refrigeration units.

We've been going over the technical guidance/library for DOE-2.2r for
eQuest Refrigeration, as well as reviewing the example file for warehouse.
But I'm at my wit's end at how to attach the refrigeration-HX chiller to a
refrigeration system.  My understanding is that the Circulation Loop; Type
= "REFG-CHW" will act as the glycol loop.  And I think I can tie this loop
to a SZRH system using default cooling coil on the air-side.  But there's
still the ambiguity on how the chiller type = REFG-HX receives its cooling
needs, i.e. how to you provide the actual cooling to this chiller/HX?

The library guide references CHW-PLANT keyword (where the connection might
happen?), but it is unclear where, or how, to create that component.

Does anyone have an example input to create a refrigerated chilled water
plant for warehouse; tying the refrigeration system to the refrigeration-HX
chiller?

Any advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,