[Bldg-sim] building indoor temperature and humidity prediction

Davidson, Tom TDavidson at DLBASSOCIATES.com
Mon Mar 5 13:47:36 PST 2018

Ibrahim,

Every building is obviously quite different, but I was involved with logging indoor and outdoor humidity levels in a new near-passive residence recently, and am posting the results as an image (assuming that an image can be posted here). There was an extremely high correlation between average indoor and outdoor humidity levels in the month of Dec 2017 (look at slopes of the two values, which are both absolute humidity levels). There is significantly less variability in the indoor levels than the outdoor levels. I guess this speaks to the ability of indoor components to absorb moisture and provide a dampening effect on the outdoor humidity variations.

[cid:image003.png at 01D3B4A1.316F2BE0]

Thomas A. Davidson, PE

DLB Associates  |  265 Industrial Way West  |  Eatontown, NJ 07724
tdavidson at dlbassociates.com  |  732-927-5108  |  f: 732-774-5000
DLB Website<http://www.dlbassociates.com>  |  YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDLBAssociates>  |  LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/dlb-associates>  |  Twitter<http://twitter.com/DLBAssociates>  |  Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/DLBAssociates>