[Bldg-sim] HELP WANTED - Control Systems Engineer

Leo Su leo.su at live.ca
Wed Jun 27 10:38:26 PDT 2018

eCurv is hiring a Control Systems Engineer at our Cambridge MA office. Please apply through our website<https://ecurv.com/jobs/#op-263315-control-systems-engineer>.

How much energy will your algorithm save?

eCurv, Inc. is a fast-growing software company based in Cambridge, MA. eCurv’s patented and fully scalable SaaS applies proprietary queuing algorithms that, when integrated with IoT deployments and building automation systems, markedly reduce the energy impact of heating, cooling, and equipment costs for the commercial marketplace. We are seeking a creative Control Systems Engineer for our fun and vibrant engineering team.

We have delivered our products and services to major corporate customers, and we are rapidly expanding our presence in the marketplace. To meet this growing demand, we are looking to add a few select world-class Control Systems Engineers with a passion for making a difference.

As a Control Systems Engineer, you will be involved in all aspects of the product development and delivery process, including developing control strategies, testing, and deployment. At eCurv, you will have the unique opportunity to design and deploy algorithms that will be used by thousands of smart commercial buildings across the country.

Responsibilities include:

Define and implement demand management and energy efficiency strategies for customer-specific projects

  *   Determine demand management and energy efficiency opportunities based on analysis of HVAC system
  *   Interface with customer to assess existing control systems infrastructure and integration options
  *   Provide answers to technical questions from Facilities Management staff
  *   Specify sequences of operation for eCurv’s software engineers
  *   Test and implement control strategies and sequences of operation either directly or working closely with other members of the eCurv technical team

Ensure positive customer experience with eCurv software

  *   Provide technical input to help customer support team resolve customer requests
  *   Monitor performance of algorithm at customer locations
  *   Analyze and present energy performance to customer

Research and development of new algorithms and features

  *   Review industry and academic literature on advances in energy optimization
  *   Review operational data and customer feedback
  *   Model new algorithms and features in simulation environment, including the thermal and energy characteristics of commercial buildings and transient response of HVAC systems to control inputs
  *   Co-author white papers that highlight the Company’s projects, solutions, and result
  *   Be an active member of the VP of Engineering’s team helping to design, build and deploy next generation solutions.

Minimum requirements:

Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Technology

3+ years of professional experience with extensive knowledge of commercial building HVAC technologies; experience implementing or modifying common commercial HVAC control strategies; understand operation of packaged rooftop units, air handlers, chillers, split systems, and heat pumps

Understand fundamental control theory, including feedback loops, estimators, and stability

Working knowledge of peak demand management, demand response, summary level demand rate structures, and trends in the industry

Thorough knowledge of MATLAB or similar analytical tools as well as general knowledge of SQL and database management (MySQL experience is an advantage)

Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with effective time management skills

About eCurv

eCurv, Inc. is a well-funded company, offering competitive market salaries and benefits; a friendly, flexible equal-opportunity work environment; a high potential for career growth and advancement; and a healthy work/life balance.

Location:  Cambridge, MA

----

Leo Su

Engineering Manager

leo.su at eCurv.com<mailto:leo.su at eCurv.com> | (857) 261-5481

eCurv, Inc, One Broadway, 14th Floor, Cambridge, MA 02142