[Bldg-sim] NOW HIRING, Affiliated Engineers - Building Performance Consultant II
fbetz at aeieng.com
Thu Jun 21 14:18:44 PDT 2018
Being part of the solution. Lifelong learning. Contributing to complex projects that address some of the most significant challenges facing society. This is where we thrive. Now it's your turn.
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. is a leading US-based multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm that plans, designs, and delivers high performance engineered systems for technically complex buildings and utility infrastructure projects. Nationally and internationally, AEI specializes in the healthcare, research, energy production and distribution, higher education, industrial, mission critical, and high-performance design markets. Building Design+Construction magazine ranks AEI in the top ten of US engineering firms overall, and in the top ten of healthcare, university, science and technology, and Federal government engineers. AEI has received 13 R&D Magazine Lab of the Year awards.
Being a part of a collaborative team, working in innovative environments, encouraging exceptional performance, and exploring outside interests and professional development; AEI recognizes our employees are the most valued part of our firm. They are the core of what has made AEI a great firm to work for and why our culture promotes a remarkable work/life balance. AEI offers:
* Health, dental, and vision insurance
* 401(k) with immediate vesting
* Life and disability insurance
* Flexible spending plan
* Employee assistance plan
* Educational and professional development opportunities
* Reimbursement for membership in professional associations
* Paid time off and holidays
As a Building Performance Consultant II, you will be responsible for the analysis of high performing design strategies and concepts, primarily through performance modeling. Additionally, the Building Performance Consultant will develop and optimize analytical tools and processes to provide timely, design-relevant insight to internal design teams, partners and clients.
* Identifies building system options and design strategies (conventional and non-conventional) for analysis and establishes analysis criteria and methods.
* Uses whole building and component (energy, water, daylighting, CFD, etc.) simulation and analysis tools to evaluate capital project and planning engagements, building system performance, building system sizing and design, and architectural design development.
* Performs economic analysis (life-cycle cost, simple payback, return on investment, etc.) of building design strategies to support system selection and design optimization.
* Performs energy and water related building rating system and code research as applicable to the project.
* Completes building rating system and code compliance documentation required for project certifications and permits.
* Coordinates and collaborates with project team members in the analysis of systems and system components. Coordination occurs primarily through interpersonal communication during coordination/one-on-one sessions and through the use of appropriate software.
* Works to establish a positive working relationship with project partners based on competence, trust and respect.
* Anticipates and meets project deadlines including balancing multiple projects and priorities while responding to changes in deadline, scope, and design as they occur.
* Delegates work, identifies specific tasks, and balances work for Building Performance Consultant I or subject matter expert in order to meet client demands and project deadlines. Reviews work for completeness and accuracy.
* Uses effective writing and presentations skills to prepare analysis and consulting reports and presentation materials.
* Reads relevant project correspondence, documents process and meeting notes, and maintains established project filing structures.
* Performs quality review of own work and participates in additional quality efforts as assigned.
* Participates in the advancement of building performance practice, processes and tools as assigned.
* Benchmarks project design, simulated and measured performance data.
* Takes ownership of work performed.
* Uses established standards, guides and tools.
* 3-5 years of building performance experience in engineering consulting capacity.
* Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, or architectural engineering (or another engineering discipline) from an accredited program; or commensurate degree and experience with building systems.
* Advanced understanding of building systems across disciplines and proven experience in at least one discipline such as HVAC, plumbing/piping, lighting, instrumentation and controls, or building envelope systems.
* Advanced understanding of major tenets of high performance design including renewable and alternative energy strategies, daylighting, embodied energy, indoor environmental quality, material composition, water efficiency, life cycle assessment, and built environment planning.
* Ability to use at least one building system simulation tool, including EnergyPlus, IES-VE, TRNSYS, CFD, or Radiance, for consulting and analysis. Strong understanding and application of simulation tools for the appropriate systems and technologies.
* Experience in computer operation for building system analysis and engineering calculation programs.
* Proficiency in use of CAD/BIM software as necessary for building performance analysis and consulting.
* Understanding of applicable rating systems, design codes and standards, and ability to interpret them.
* Industry certification or license applicable to building system design and performance including but not limited to LEED AP, ASHRAE HPDP, ASHRAE BEMP, ASHRAE BEAP, Green Globes Professional, or AEE CEM.
* Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (FE) or the ability to obtain the Professional Engineering license (PE) in one or more states.
* Knowledge of or ability to learn application programming language (C++, Ruby, Python, Visual Basic, etc.)
To be considered, apply online at www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/> OR email me your resume directly.
AEI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Vet/Disabled
Fred Betz PhD, LEED(r) AP BD+C
AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Boulevard | Madison, WI 53719
P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com<mailto:fbetz at aeieng.com> | www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>
Follow us: [twitter] <https://twitter.com/AEITweets?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor> [instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/affiliated_engineers/> [linkedin] <https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/41799/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bldg-sim