[Bldg-sim] Selection of System 9 or 10 for heated only spaces

Sheila Sagerer ssagerer at comcast.net
Tue Jul 17 06:11:01 PDT 2018

Good morning Mayank,

There are 3 ASHRAE 90.1 interpretations I know of that identify various scenarios pertaining to Baseline system types in residential buildings. They are:
IC 90.1-2010-26
IC 90.1-2007-11
IC90.1-2007-29

My understanding is that the heating only spaces would have to use System 9 since the primary system is hybrid. If the electric consuming heating only spaces total 20,000 sqft or more, only then could System 10 be used.

Sheila Sagerer
Senior Engineer, EIT, BEMP, LEED AP
Heapy Engineering
Ph: 937-224-0881