[Bldg-sim] IBPSA-USA April 2018 Newsletter

Steven Ayala sayala81 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 08:54:26 PDT 2018

View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/ibpsa.us/ibpsa-usa-newsletter-3174381?e=[UNIQID]>
<http://ibpsa.us/>
 April 2018 Newsletter

<http://www.ibpsa.us/our-sponsors>

Thank you to our sponsors for their continued support! Become an IBPSA-USA
sponsor. <https://www.ibpsa.us/become-sponsor>

See all of our sponsors <https://www.ibpsa.us/our-sponsors>
IBPSA-USA News
<https://ibpsa.us/news/bem-network-launched>
*BEM Network: Video on Demand for the Building Simulation Community*

IBPSA-USA is proud to announce the BEM Network, a video on demand service
for the building performance simulation community. IBPSA-USA members get
free access to this online collection of workshops, seminars, trainings,
scientific presentations and other relevant simulation content.

Read More. <https://ibpsa.us/news/bem-network-launched>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/win-1000-scholarship-funds-attend-2018-building-performance-analysis-conference-and-simbuild>
*$1000 in Scholarship Funds Available for Students and Young Professionals*

Up to 12 scholarships will be awarded to students and young professionals
to attend the 2018 Building Performance Analysis Conference and SimBuild,
co-organized by ASHRAE and IBPSA-USA. *Scholarships include free
registration and up to $1000 in travel expenses*. Funding is provided by
the U.S Department of Energy.

Read More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/win-1000-scholarship-funds-attend-2018-building-performance-analysis-conference-and-simbuild>
<https://ibpsa.us/news/see-how-you-can-contribute-project-stasio>
*See How You Can Contribute to Project StaSIO*

As a advocate of performance-based design, have you ever wanted a library
of simulation graphics to help you show off the value of energy and
daylight modeling? The research committee recently launched the
crowd-sourced Project StaSIO website to aggregate compelling, beautiful,
and clear simulation output graphics.*Learn more about the project and
sign-up for their upcoming webinar on May 24th*.

Read More. <https://ibpsa.us/news/see-how-you-can-contribute-project-stasio>
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-summer-meeting-in-houston-ibpsa-usa-tickets-43616576354>
*We Sold Out Chicago - Book Early and Save for Houston*

IBPSA-USA cordially invites you to our 2018 Summer Meeting in Houston! Get
your early-bird tickets now and save, since you'll most likely want to
attend. Worried you might not make it?*We offer a no questions asked
cancellation policy with a full refund*--if requested 10 days before the
event.

Register Now.
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-summer-meeting-in-houston-ibpsa-usa-tickets-43616576354>
<https://ibpsa.us/news/presidents-message-april-2018>
*President's Message: A Nurturing IBPSA-USA*

I’m dragging out the springtime theme again, this time as a season of
nurturing. Here at my place, six chicks are getting their start on life and
would like a little support. And at this same moment, there’s a brood of
prospective simulationists out there who could also use our support.

Read More. <https://ibpsa.us/news/presidents-message-april-2018>
<https://ibpsa.us/news/member-spotlight-heather-beaudoin>
*Member Spotlight: Heather Beaudoin*

Now and then we highlight one of our members and ask them to share with our
community insights about themselves, their careers and the present and
future state of energy simulation as they see it. This month's Member
Spotlight is*Heather Beaudoin*, professional engineer (PE) at
Grumman/Butkus Associates.

Read More. <https://ibpsa.us/news/member-spotlight-heather-beaudoin>
Other News:
2nd Call for Papers: American Modelica Conference 2018
<https://ibpsa.us/news/2nd-call-papers-american-modelica-conference-2018>

DOE Releases Updated Versions of EnergyPlus and OpenStudio Building
Modeling Tools
<https://ibpsa.us/news/energy-department-releases-updated-versions-energyplus-and-openstudio-building-energy-1>

Share your ideas for LEED: Call for proposals
<https://ibpsa.us/news/share-your-ideas-leed-call-proposals>
New Simulation Weather Data for Mexico, Caribbean, Central and S. America &
Antarctica
<https://ibpsa.us/news/new-simulation-weather-data-set-mexico-caribbean-central-and-south-america-and-antarctica>

2018 ASHRAE Lowdown Showdown Modeling Competition Seeks Participants
<https://www.ashrae.org/about/news/2018/2018-ashrae-lowdown-showdown-modeling-competition-seeks-participants>

Race to Zero Student Design Competition: 2018 Winners
<https://ibpsa.us/news/race-zero-student-design-competition-2018-winners>
See All News <http://www.ibpsa.us/news>
Upcoming Trainings
<https://www.ibpsa.us/energy-modeling-best-practices-and-applications-houston>
*June 23: Energy Modeling Best Practices and Applications in Houston*

The seminar covers the fundamentals of building energy modeling and
explains how to use modeling to guide design decisions, with an emphasis on
HVAC. Integrating modeling into the design process from the programming
stage through post-occupancy and measurements and verification will be
discussed.

Register Now.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/energy-modeling-best-practices-and-applications-houston>

*Oct. 2&4: Energy Modeling Best Practices and Applications - Online
Two-Part Course*

Register Now.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/energy-modeling-best-practices-and-applications-two-part-course>

See All Trainings <http://www.ibpsa.us/trainings>
Upcoming Events
<https://ibpsa.us/researchurban-scale-simulation-subcommittee-recent-development-urban-scale-simulation>
*April 25: Urban Modeling For Large-Scale Assessment of Building Energy
Efficiency Improvements*

The Urban scale simulation research sub-committee invites you to attend our
2018 webinar series. We will kick off our first webinar with Dr. Tianzhen
Hong from LBNL.

Register Now.
<https://ibpsa.us/researchurban-scale-simulation-subcommittee-recent-development-urban-scale-simulation>
<https://ibpsa.us/sfba-chapter-april-event-annual-project-showcase>
*April 25: SFBA Chapter Annual Project Showcase*

This will be an open forum, in which all members are invited to give a
short presentation on relevant work they have been doing in the past year
(this can be professional, research, or anything in between that is
relevant to IBPSA).

Register Now.
<https://ibpsa.us/sfba-chapter-april-event-annual-project-showcase>
<https://ibpsa.us/aei-webinar-web-application-rapid-consulting-and-production-modeling-using-energyplus>

*April 27: A Web Application for Rapid Consulting and Production Modeling*

Following on the ASHRAE/IBPSA-USA Winter Meeting in Chicago, AEI’s Sagar
Rao and Fred Betz provide an encore presentation of their analysis
workflow, this time with a greater emphasis on the tool demonstration.

Register Now.
<https://ibpsa.us/aei-webinar-web-application-rapid-consulting-and-production-modeling-using-energyplus>

<https://ibpsa.us/learn-more-about-buildingsync>
*May 10: Learn More About BuildingSync®*

BuildingSync is a common schema for energy audit data that can be utilized
by different software and databases involved in the energy audit process.
It allows data to be more easily aggregated, compared, and exchanged
between different databases  and software tools.

Register Now. <https://ibpsa.us/learn-more-about-buildingsync>

<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-summer-meeting-in-houston-ibpsa-usa-tickets-43616576354>
*We Sold Out Chicago - Book Early and Save for Houston*

IBPSA-USA cordially invites you to our 2018 Summer Meeting in Houston! Get
your early-bird tickets now and save, since you'll most likely want to
attend. Worried you might not make it?*We offer a no questions asked
cancellation policy with a full refund*--if requested 10 days before the
event.

Register Now.
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-summer-meeting-in-houston-ibpsa-usa-tickets-43616576354>
<https://www.ashrae.org/membership--conferences/conferences/ashrae-conferences/2018-ashrae-building-performance-analysis-conference-and-simbuild>
*Sept. 26-28: Building Performance Analysis Conference and SimBuild*

The 2018 Building Performance Analysis Conference and SimBuild,
co-organized by ASHRAE and IBPSA-USA, is the third, co-organized conference
between ASHRAE and IBPSA-USA.

Learn More.
<https://www.ashrae.org/membership--conferences/conferences/ashrae-conferences/2018-ashrae-building-performance-analysis-conference-and-simbuild>
See All Events <http://www.ibpsa.us/events>
*Copyright © 2018 IBPSA-USA, All rights reserved.*

unsubscribe from this list
<https://ibpsa.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&id=0769126d70&e=[UNIQID]&c=9dce0e86c8>
    update subscription preferences
<https://ibpsa.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&id=0769126d70&e=[UNIQID]>

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&afl=1>