[Bldg-sim] eQuest .Sim file problem/question

Sheila Sagerer ssagerer at comcast.net
Tue Apr 24 08:15:52 PDT 2018

Good morning,

My eQuest project consists of 2 adjacent buildings in the same file. The first is 719,000 sf, and the other is 90,000 sf.

Yesterdays simulation completed and produced the full set of reports in the .Sim file.

This morning, I added 2 schedules to each building and applied them appropriately. I now get a full simulation with the annual electric and natural gas consumptions and demands by end use detailed in .csv output file. However, the .Sim report generation abruptly ends after the first 6 load verification reports.

Has anyone else come across this issue?  If so,  is there a solution?

I compared yesterday's .Sim file size to this morning's:

Yesterday's .Sim was 33.419 MB

Today's .Sim file is 33.422 MB

I'm thinking that the additional schedules possibly resulted in the maximum volume of the .Sim file being exceeded?

Any thoughts, suggested fixes, etc would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, and have a nice day.

Sheila Sagerer, BEMP, LEED AP BD+C |  Engineer, Building Optimization Practice

Heapy Engineering  |  LEED Platinum  |  1400 W Dorothy Lane  |  Dayton OH 45409

(P) 937-224-0861  |  www.heapy.com http://www.heapy.com/