[Bldg-sim] Weather file for remote location

Jeanne jeanne at brundt.com
Wed Apr 11 00:06:04 PDT 2018

Hi Mili,

As you’ve found, weather files from Weather Analytics are available through IES at https://www.iesve.com/support/weatherfiles/weather-analytics and cover any global location.

Unfortunately we don’t have access to their sources or methods, as this is their IP, but here is their description of how they generate the files https://www.weatheranalytics.com/how-we-do-it/

Perhaps if you contact Weather Analytics directly they may have some additional technical resources they are willing to share that can help.

https://www.weatheranalytics.com/contact-us/

Kind Regards

Jeanne

+27 (0)84 592 8392

From: Mili Kyropoulou via Bldg-sim <bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org <mailto:bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org> >
Date: 09 April 2018 at 21:55:56 SAST
To: bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org <mailto:bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org>
Subject: [Bldg-sim] Weather file for remote location

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find a weather file for Mbale Uganda and was wondering what the best approach would be.

I know that Meteonorm can provide me with a weather file that will be an interpolation of 6 locations. Specifically, "Meteonorm interpolates radiation with help of satellite data (DWD CMSAF for this region) and temperature and other parameters with help of ground measurements. In case of Mbale it uses : KISUMU (145 km), Eldoret (137 km), NAKURU (260 km), Meru (402 km), Nairobi/Jomo Kenyatt (404 km), Garissa (630 km)"

I also see that IES, that uses Weather Analytics, can provide data for virtually any location, but they are not saying - or I didn't find - how they calculate them.

What would you recommend as the best approach to that?

I appreciate your input

thanks

Mili Kyropoulou