[Bldg-sim] Basics of building energy simulations - Teaching material

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Wed Oct 11 01:32:05 PDT 2017

And if your course is looking at the range of approaches taken in whole-building simulation
tools they could go to the following link for the tool comparison web site that Dru Crawley
and I am working on (Note: this is work-in-progress):

http://contrasting.no-ip.org/Contrast/Index.html

And a slightly expanded view of one of the tools compared (ESP-r) can been seen here:

http://contrasting.no-ip.org/ESP-r_tour/Index.html

And there is a general discussion about how to plan simulation models that are
fit-for-purpose and discussions about levels of detail and selection of boundary
conditions and understanding performance predictons in the Strategies document
link below. It uses ESP-r for worked examples of issues that impact most simulation users.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1y1udyc3a0olob/strategies_march_2017.pdf?dl=0

Regards, Jon Hand, IBPSA Fellow (and official paranoid person of ESRU)

PS if these web sites are unresponsive email jon at esru.strath.ac.uk so I can
give the server a wake-up kick.