[Bldg-sim] Design Builder Errors_Help Required

Jim Dirkes via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu May 4 05:53:04 PDT 2017

Dear Pranati and Namrata,
DesignBuilder does not always give a clear error explanation, so I
recommend that you use Simulation Manager and read the *.err file which is
prepared by EnergyPlus.  That should give you a more detailed explanation
of the problem. You can then correct the error within DB.

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 7:48 AM, Sprout Info_Mail via Bldg-sim <
bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am currently simulating an office cum laboratory building in Design
> Builder(DB) based out on Pune,India. The building is completely HVAC with
> two types of HVAC systems. However before that i am facing certain errors
> while performing the base case simulation as per ASHRAE standards.
>
> 1. The Base HVAC system as per climate zone 1 for non residential building
> is System 4: PSZ-HP. However when i assign the HVAC system and simulate, it
> gives me the following error-
> [image: Inline image 2]
> It reads-
> Aquapharm - Invalid unitary system control zone: Air Loop Unitary HP
> AirToAir
> Aquapharm - Error in HVAC definition
> Could you throw some light as to what this error means and why so. This
> has never been the case on the previous models done by me in DB.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Regards,
> Namrata Dhamankar
> --
> Thanks and Regards ,
>
> Pranati Shroff & Namrata Dhamankar
>
> *a:* Sprout ,Prabaht Printing Works ,
> 427 Gultekdi, Ind Estate Corner,
> 2nd Floor, Pune-411037
> *m:* 9922215467
> *e:  *info at sprout-green.com
> projects at sprout-green.com
> *w: *www.sprout-green.com <http://www.sprout-green.com>

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
CEO/President
The Building Performance Team Inc.
1631 Acacia Dr, GR, Mi 49504

Direct / Mobile: 616.450.8653
jim at buildingperformanceteam.com

Website <http://buildingperformanceteam.com>l  LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jim-dirkes/7/444/413>

*Coffee cup conversation:*Ideas have consequences. Bad ideas have victims.

.