[Bldg-sim] Diurnal cycles Temperature and Relative Humidity in a bedroom

Roel Tersteeg via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Jun 27 08:08:40 PDT 2017

L.s.,

In my research project I am looking at the movement of moisture in a brick wall through both modelling and experimentation. For this project I would like to mimic real world situations as closely as possible. For the exterior boundary conditions this is not a problem. On the other hand, I have trouble finding data for the internal boundary conditions (mainly temperature (T) and relative humidity (HR)). I am looking into modelling a typical bedroom for an UK situation. The only data I have is the mean values for RH and T, but this is a fixed point and not an diurnal cycle.

My question is if someone knows if data is available showing daily RH and T cycles in typical bedrooms, either from measurements or from modelling?

Kind regards,

Roel Tersteeg MSc

PhD-student
Building Energy Research Group
School of Civil and Building engineering
Loughborough University
T: +4477 56 10 90 54
E: R.M.Tersteeg at lboro.ac.uk<mailto:R.M.Tersteeg at lboro.ac.uk>