[Bldg-sim] Query regarding modelling of secondary air stream in two stage evaporative cooler

Jim Dirkes via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Jul 19 02:43:13 PDT 2017

Dear Priyar,
Please include a sketch which explains what you want to do. At the moment,
it's not clear to me.

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 01:29 Priyam Tewari via Bldg-sim <
bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I am working on modelling of a two stage evaporative cooling system on
> EnergyPlus. Supply side air loop consists of an Indirect Evaporative Cooler
> Research Special and Direct Evaporative Cooler Research Special. I am
> trying to *recirculate some percentage of secondary air stream (exhaust
> from the indirect heat exchanger) inside the zone* and throw out the
> remaining to ambient. Energy Plus considers secondary air outlet stream as
>  a part of non-parent loop and so it is not running. It will be really
> great if anybody can guide me on how modelling of secondary air stream can
> be done on EnergyPlus or any other software?
>
> Thanks
> Priyam Tewari
> PhD Research Scholar,
> Centre for Energy & Environment,
> Malaviya National Institute of Technology,
> Jaipur (Rajasthan).
>
>    -

James V Dirkes II, CEO / President
The Building Performance Team Inc.
1631 Acacia Dr, GR, MI 49504

(alphabet soup of efforts for excellence: PE, BEMP, BCxP, LEED AP)

Direct / Mobile: 616.450.8653
jim at buildingperformanceteam.com

Website <http://buildingperformanceteam.com>l  LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jim-dirkes/7/444/413>

*Coffee conversation:*They love truth when it enlightens them, they
hate  truth when it accuses them… They love truth when it reveals
itself, and hate it when it reveals them*.*

.