[Bldg-sim] Heat gain from children

Justin Spencer via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Jul 12 09:16:51 PDT 2017

As a quick approximation, I'd use the ratio of child caloric intake to
adult caloric intake and assume the ratio of heat gains is the same. So
ASHRAE might say 75% for children on the whole, but you could probably find
better data on caloric intake by age range and adjust accordingly -- I bet
my 8 year old eats 75% of what I do, with the 5 year old and 2 year old
eating more like 50% of what I do, but that's just a guess.