[Bldg-sim] TRAINING - EnergyPlus REMINDER - Seattle / UK / Belgium

Peter Ellis via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Jan 25 11:35:36 PST 2017

Just a reminder that Big Ladder Software is offering our popular *EnergyPlus
for Practitioner*s workshop in Seattle next month and UK and Brussels in
March.

Our Seattle workshop on *February 16-17* is being held at the Smart
Buildings Centers.

*Register NOW--this one is right around the corner!*

And don't forget that we are offering our *EnergyPlus* workshop in Europe
for the first time in March. You'll find us in Bath, UK (March 1-3) and
Brussels, Belgium (March 6-8). This training is being offered in
collaboration with DesignBuilder Software which is presenting the third day
on how to use *DesignBuilder* to increase productivity and customize
*EnergyPlus* simulations.

*NOTE: The FINAL registration deadline for UK and Belgium is February 1.
Don't miss out!*

*Register now for Seattle* <https://energyplus-seattle.eventbrite.com/>
*https://energyplus-seattle.eventbrite.com/*
<https://energyplus-seattle.eventbrite.com/>

*Register now for UK or Belgium*
<https://energyplus-seattle.eventbrite.com/>
*https://designbuilder.co.uk/training/energyplus-training-in-europe*
<https://designbuilder.co.uk/training/energyplus-training-in-europe>

See all upcoming workshops for EnergyPlus, OpenStudio, and DesignBuilder
<http://bigladdersoftware.com/training/>
http://bigladdersoftware.com/training/

EnergyPlus for Practitioners

*February 16-17, 2017*
*Seattle, WA at Smart Buildings Center*
Details and registration <https://energyplus-seattle.eventbrite.com/>

*Workshop Description*

- Have you ever wanted to truly understand how to use *EnergyPlus* at the
text level?
- Have you been using *OpenStudio*, *DesignBuilder*, or another GUI and had
the need to peek under the hood to debug a problem or implement a measure
or workaround?

*This workshop should be a prerequisite for anyone planning to work with
EnergyPlus regardless of what user interface you choose.*

In this two-day workshop we focus on the needs of the energy modeling
practitioner in order to get you up to speed and highly productive with
*EnergyPlus* as quickly as possible. We cover the fundamentals of
*EnergyPlus* such as geometry and internal loads while rapidly ramping up
to advanced topics such as HVAC systems and controls. We guide you through
the complexities of the *EnergyPlus* syntax, input/output files,
documentation, and essential software tools including the *OpenStudio*
(legacy) plugin for *SketchUp*. Most importantly, we teach you how to use
the available resources to teach yourself going forward. Demonstrations and
hands-on exercises are used extensively throughout. By the end of the
workshop, you should be comfortable with creating, running, and debugging
*EnergyPlus* models.

Using DesignBuilder to Maximize Productivity

*March 1-13, 2017*
*Bath, UK at University of Bath*
Details and registration
<https://designbuilder.co.uk/training/energyplus-training-in-europe>

*March 6-8, 2017*
*Brussels, Belgium at Bond Beter Leef Milieu*
Details and registration
<https://designbuilder.co.uk/training/energyplus-training-in-europe>

*Workshop Description*
On day three we will show you how *DesignBuilder* can be used to
significantly speed up the process of creating models to simulate using
*EnergyPlus*. You will learn how to use *DesignBuilder*’s powerful geometry
and data management features to help you create *EnergyPlus* models much
more efficiently and maximize your productivity whilst still leveraging the
power of the *EnergyPlus* engine.

- Introduction to *DesignBuilder*
- Quickly re-creating the *EnergyPlus* model: Geometric operations and
efficient model data input
- Running simulations
- Exporting IDF data to create an ice thermal storage system outside
*DesignBuilder*
- Introduction to the *DesignBuilder* EMS

No prior experience with *DesignBuilder* is necessary, and a free 30-day
license will be provided on the course. On the morning of day three you
will learn to use *DesignBuilder* to model the building you created in *
EnergyPlus* during the first two days. In the afternoon you will
consolidate the knowledge learned on the first two days to export the IDF
data from *DesignBuilder* and then manipulate it to add an ice thermal
storage system and run that simulation in *EnergyPlus*. At the end of day 3
you will be introduced to the *DesignBuilder* EMS, which enables you to
customize an *EnergyPlus* simulation using a simple script-based approach
to change simulated behavior for HVAC, natural ventilation, glazing and
lighting systems.