[Bldg-sim] Boiler parasitic energy

Chris Jones via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Sun Feb 26 07:15:11 PST 2017

Forced draft boilers include fan energy of the boiler combustion air fan. I have been in a discussion with colleagues as to whether or not this parasitic energy is to be included in the Appendix G proposed design model. My belief is that this energy should be included and that it would not be included in the baseline case where a natural draft boiler is specified.

Any thoughts?

Christopher Jones, P.Eng. | Senior Energy Analyst
RWDI
901 King Street West, Suite 400, Toronto, ON M5V 3H5 Canada
Tel: (519) 823-1311 ext 2052
rwdi.com

RWDI - A Platinum Member of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies
This communication is intended for the sole use of the party to whom it was addressed and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this email and delete the message without retaining any hard or electronic copies of same. Outgoing emails are scanned for viruses, but no warranty is made to their absence in this email or attachments. If you require any information supplied by RWDI in a different format to facilitate accessibility, contact the sender of the email, email solutions at rwdi.com or call +1.519.823.1311.