[Bldg-sim] 90.1-2007 fan power pressure drop allowance question

Jim Dirkes via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Feb 28 06:02:20 PST 2017

Dear Chris,
I have made the assumption that the pressure drop imposed by the silencers *on
the fan system* is the value that should be counted.

3 silencers on the supply side, for example, only affect the fan the same
as one silencer (assuming they're in parallel). If, as you say, there is
also one on the return side, then both will affect the fan and both should
be counted.

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 8:09 AM, Chris Jones via Bldg-sim <
bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

> The 90.1-2007 fan pressure drop allowance includes credit for sound
> attenuation sections. Do you apply the credit for each silencer on a
> system? The system I am looking at has 3 silencers, one on the supply duct,
> one on each or two return ducts entering the AHU.
>

> [image: Title: RWDI - Description: RWDI logo]
> <http://www.rwdi.com/assets/logos/RWDI-logo.gif>
>
> *Christopher Jones, **P.Eng. *| Senior Energy Analyst
> *RWDI*
> 901 King Street West, Suite 400, Toronto, ON M5V 3H5 Canada
> Tel: (519) 823-1311 ext 2052 <(519)%20823-1311>
> rwdi.com <http://www.rwdi.com/>
>

> ------------------------------
> *RWDI - A Platinum Member of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies*
> This communication is intended for the sole use of the party to whom it
> was addressed and may contain information that is privileged and/or
> confidential. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly
> prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify us
> immediately by replying to this email and delete the message without
> retaining any hard or electronic copies of same. Outgoing emails are
> scanned for viruses, but no warranty is made to their absence in this email
> or attachments. If you require any information supplied by RWDI in a
> different format to facilitate accessibility, contact the sender of the
> email, email solutions at rwdi.com or call +1.519.823.1311 <(519)%20823-1311>.

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
CEO/President
The Building Performance Team Inc.
1631 Acacia Dr, GR, Mi 49504

Direct: 616.450.8653
jim at buildingperformanceteam.com

Website <http://buildingperformanceteam.com>l  LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jim-dirkes/7/444/413> | May 2016 ASHRAE
Journal article on energy modeling
<http://buildingperformanceteam.com/bpt-insights-blog/item/73-modeled-performance-isn-t-actual-performance>

Choice. It is perhaps the most distinct and dignifying characteristic
of humans. Consciously and with understanding, we choose what is true,
honorable, right, pure, lovely … or otherwise. Like the rest of
humanity, my choices don’t always align with true, honorable, right,
pure, and lovely, but I know those are what I set my sights upon. I
choose them.