[Bldg-sim] TRAINING - EnergyPlus for Practitioners at 2017 ASHRAE Building Performance Analysis Conference

Aaron Boranian via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Aug 23 11:19:48 PDT 2017

Big Ladder Software is leading our *EnergyPlus* for Practitioners
<http://bigladdersoftware.com/training/index.html#energyplus-for-practitioners>
 workshop in *Atlanta!* This will begin in *ONE MONTH* as a pre-conference
workshop in conjunction with the *2017 ASHRAE Building Performance Analysis
Conference *in *September*.

*Register now for 2017 ASHRAE Building Performance Analysis Conference*
<https://www.ashrae.org/membership--conferences/conferences/ashrae-conferences/2017-ashrae-building-performance-analysis-conference#reg>

https://www.ashrae.org/membership--conferences/conferences/ashrae-
conferences/2017-ashrae-building-performance-analysis-conference

Sign-up for the workshop by selecting it as an "Additional Item" during the
conference registration process. If you desire, you can register for this
workshop without attending the conference. There is limited space so
sign-up soon!
See all upcoming workshops for EnergyPlus, DesignBuilder, and OpenStudio
<http://bigladdersoftware.com/training/>
http://bigladdersoftware.com/training/

EnergyPlus for Practitioners

*Workshop Description*

- Have you ever wanted to truly understand how to use *EnergyPlus* at the
text level?
- Have you been using *OpenStudio*, *DesignBuilder*, or another GUI and had
the need to peek under the hood to debug a problem or implement a measure
or workaround?

*This workshop should be a prerequisite for anyone planning to work
with EnergyPlus regardless of what user interface you choose.*

In this two-day workshop we focus on the needs of the energy modeling
practitioner in order to get you up to speed and highly productive with
*EnergyPlus* as quickly as possible. We cover the fundamentals of
*EnergyPlus* such as geometry and internal loads while rapidly ramping up
to advanced topics such as HVAC systems and controls. We guide you through
the complexities of the *EnergyPlus* syntax, input/output files,
documentation, and essential software tools including the *OpenStudio* (legacy)
plugin for *SketchUp*. Most importantly, we teach you how to use the
available resources to teach yourself going forward. Demonstrations and
hands-on exercises are used extensively throughout. By the end of the
workshop, you should be comfortable with creating, running, and debugging
*EnergyPlus* models.

Regards,
--
Aaron Boranian