[Bldg-sim] Radiant Cooling and VRV systems giving Lower savings than anticipated in DesignBuilder

Kartikay Sharma via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Apr 20 07:25:51 PDT 2017

Dear All,

Greetings. I am Kartikay Sharma, student for MTech Building Energy
Performance at CEPT University. I am Right now using Simulations as a tool
in my thesis to estimate the energy savings potential of buildings. For
this purpose, I am using DesignBuilder to simulate all ECM/EEMs.

Three of my selected ECMs are :

   1. ECBC compliant chiller(centrifugal with 6.3 COP with VAV AHU and VAV
   terminal units)
   2. VRV systems
   3. Radiant cooling

My base-case system uses a water cooled system with an screw chiller of 5.2
COP and Constant Air Volume (CAV) AHU. The problem that I am facing is
that, I am getting higher savings(overall EPI savings) if do ECM1 listed in
table, but looking at case studies the savings from ECM3 should be higher
than ECM1. Similarly I am facing problems with ECM2. The weather selected
for my building is Hot and Dry climate of Ahmedabad.

So I request all the members to help me in the same

--
Disclaimer : The information transmitted with this email is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain