[Bldg-sim] Energyplus - Availability Manager Hybrid Ventilation Control Status

Sriraj G via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Apr 12 16:47:26 PDT 2017

As per the energyplus I/O reference, the output variable 'Availability
Manager Hybrid Ventilation Control Status' reports three integer values:
0,1, and 2 denoting no hybrid ventilation control, whether natural
ventilation is allowed, or not. However, the output result from a
simulation shows the values range between 1 and 2 (1.1,1.858796296,
1.758333333, 1.716666667 etc.).

Does it mean that there is a partial natural ventilation happening or
denotes that there is a potential to naturally ventilate? I believe this
should not be the case, as the output results has to just show a binary
result in either 1 or 2. Could somebody please explain how this has to be
understood?

Thank you very much in advance.

best regards,

Sriraj