[Bldg-sim] Fan Coil Unit - Convert cooling power capacity to maximum cold water flow

Nassim Jamali via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Oct 12 04:01:31 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I have to size Fan coil units in my model with known cooling powers.

But on EnergyPlus/DesignBuilder, we can only specify maximum cold water flow.

I've checked the Engineering reference of EnergyPlus (pasge 289 - Fan Coil Unit Sizing Formula (1257)) and they give the formula linking the two entities. However, it is unclear what are the other different parameters involved, didn't find any nomenclature explaining them (quite annoying actually), especially the DeltaTloop,des.

Can someone help me with it?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Nassim Jamali
Building Performance Consultant

t +32 (0)2 468 11 58
f +32 (0)2 468 11 78
noordkustlaan 10, 1702 groot-bijgaarden, belgium

[ http://www.boydens.be/ ] [ http://www.boydens.be/ ]