[Bldg-sim] rebuilding eQuest model in EnergyPlus

Jim Dirkes via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Fri Oct 7 13:39:26 PDT 2016

Holly,
If you can export gbXML from eQuest, I know DesignBuilder can import that
format as well as a number of others ... but I've never done it, so I don't
know how much detail comes with it :(

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 4:24 PM, Samuelson, Holly Wasilowski via Bldg-sim <
bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Do you have any time-saving advice or tips for recreating an eQuest model
> in EnergyPlus? (We would like to keep most of the geometry, zoning,
> scheduling, and other inputs as similar as possible, and then be able to
> take advantage of some E+ functionality.)
>
> Thank you in advance for any help!
>
> Warmly,
>
> Holly
>

> Holly W. Samuelson, DDes | LEED | Registered Architect
> Assistant Professor Harvard Graduate School of Design

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
CEO/President
The Building Performance Team Inc.
1631 Acacia Dr, GR, Mi 49504

Direct: 616.450.8653
jim at buildingperformanceteam.com

Website <http://buildingperformanceteam.com>l  LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jim-dirkes/7/444/413> | May 2016 ASHRAE
Journal article on energy modeling
<http://buildingperformanceteam.com/bpt-insights-blog/item/73-modeled-performance-isn-t-actual-performance>

…an open mind is not an end in itself but rather is like an open
mouth, designed to bite down on something solid and nourishing.