[Bldg-sim] Fwd: Re: Cost of climate file

Joe Huang via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Nov 9 00:41:23 PST 2016

There are two IWEC2 weather file for Zurich
(CHE_ZUERICH-METEOSCHWEI_066600_IW2 and CHE_ZURICH-KLOTEN_066700_IW2).

IWEC2 (International Weather for Energy Calculations) weather files were
developed in a 4-year ASHRAE project utilizing actual weather reports
from thousands of stations throughout the world going back 25 years, and
covers locations outside of the United States and Canada. The entire set
of 3,012 IWEC2 weather files is available on a DVD from ASHRAE (see link
here <https://www.ashrae.org/resources--publications/bookstore/iwec2> )
Individual IWEC2 weather files are available online from White
BoxTechnologies, Inc. in various formats (BINM for DOE-2, EPW for
EnergyPlus, etc.), as well as country sets or even the entire IWEC2
collection. For a complete list of all IWEC2 stations, see here
<http://www.whiteboxtechnologies.com/IWEC2_locations.txt>. For a map
view of the IWEC2 stations in Google Maps, see here
<http://weather.whiteboxtechnologies.com/map-IWEC2>

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.