[Bldg-sim] TRAINING - OpenStudio Launch Pad and Measure Writing - Denver, CO, November 16-17

Aaron Boranian via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Fri Nov 11 09:24:35 PST 2016

Big Ladder Software is pleased to announce new training workshops for
*OpenStudio* to be held in collaboration with Xcel Energy in Denver, CO.
These workshops begin *NEXT WEEK*, so sign up now while there's still space!

This is a rare opportunity to get started with *OpenStudio* with our
*OpenStudio
Launch Pad* workshop *and then go deeper* with our *OpenStudio Measure
Writing* workshop!

*Register Now* <https://openstudio-denver.eventbrite.com/>
*https://openstudio-denver. eventbrite.com/*
<https://openstudio-denver.eventbrite.com/>

*Also check out our other upcoming workshops for EnergyPlus. Coming soon to
New York, Seattle...and more.*

See all upcoming workshops for EnergyPlus, OpenStudio, and DesignBuilder
<http://bigladdersoftware.com/training/>
http://bigladdersoftware.com/t raining/
<http://bigladdersoftware.com/training/>

OpenStudio Launch Pad

*November 16, 2016*

*Denver, CO at Xcel Energy*
Details and registration <https://openstudio-denver.eventbrite.com/> (Also
register for *OpenStudio Measure Writing *on November 17!)

*Workshop Description*

This one-day workshop aims to quickly launch you into the world of the
*OpenStudio* graphical user interface for *EnergyPlus*. We cover the major
features and capabilities of the interface including creating and editing
geometry using the full *OpenStudio* plugin for *SketchUp*, managing space
types and internal loads, and configuring HVAC systems and controls. (
*OpenStudio* measure writing is not covered.) Demonstrations and hands-on
exercises are used extensively throughout. Previous experience with
*EnergyPlus* is recommended but not required.

OpenStudio Measure Writing

*November 17, 2016*

*Denver, CO at Xcel Energy*
Details and registration <https://openstudio-denver.eventbrite.com/> (Also
register for *OpenStudio Launch Pad *on November 16!)

*Workshop Description*

This one-day workshop focuses on teaching you how to write your own
measures for *OpenStudio*’s powerful scripting and automation framework. We
cover the essentials of the *OpenStudio* API, the Ruby programming
language, and the *OpenStudio Software Development Kit* documentation. We
explore all three categories of measures: *OpenStudio*, *EnergyPlus*, and
Reporting. We will also show how to use a measure to automatically generate
a baseline building model for ASHRAE Standard 90.1 compliance.
Demonstrations and hands-on exercises are used extensively throughout.

Previous Ruby scripting experience is not required. You are welcome to
register for this workshop separately from the *OpenStudio Launch Pad*
 workshop.
--
Aaron Boranian
808 895-1741