[Bldg-sim] Teaser released

Lauster, Moritz via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue May 24 12:42:06 PDT 2016

Dear all,

It's a great pleasure to announce that the TEASER tool has been released as open-source software on GitHub (https://github.com/RWTH-EBC/TEASER).

TEASER - "Tool for Energy Analysis and Simulation for Efficient Retrofit"

TEASER is an open-source Urban Energy Modelling tool to enable the use of Building Performance Simulation of large building stocks developed by E.ON Energy Research Center, Institute of Energy Efficient Buildings and Indoor Climate, RWTH Aachen University. TEASER provides a methodology to create full-scale building data sets for single up to thousands of buildings. Therefore the tool uses archetype buildings with minimal input requirements (building function, net leased area, year of construction and rough cubature) and data enrichment. TEASER holds classes and functions for data acquisition, data enrichment, data manipulation, model parameterization and Modelica code generation. Currently two Reduced Order Models from two different Modelica libraries are supported (AixLib, https://github.com/RWTH-EBC/AixLib , and Annex60, https://github.com/iea-annex60/modelica-annex60 ). We provide archetype functionalities for the German building stock, however, TEASER is open to integrate other archetype methodologies. Further highlights are CityGML support and easy to use retrofit options to estimate energy demands. Although in this state of the development we recommend the use of a script-based interface to TEASER, the release includes a GUI in beta phase. TEASER is pure Python and freely available under MIT license. We welcome you to take part in the development of TEASER by cloning it from GitHub (https://github.com/RWTH-EBC/TEASER).

Best wishes!

Dipl.-Ing. Moritz Lauster
Research Associate

T +49 241 80-49772
F +49 241 80-49769
mlauster at eonerc.rwth-aachen.de<mailto:mlauster at eonerc.rwth-aachen.de>

RWTH Aachen University
E.ON Energy Research Center   *   Institute for Energy Efficient Buildings and Indoor Climate
E.ON Energieforschungszentrum   *   Lehrstuhl für Gebäude- und Raumklimatechnik

Mathieustraße 10
52074 Aachen   *   Germany
www.eonerc.rwth-aachen.de/ebc<http://www.eonerc.rwth-aachen.de/ebc>